Nothing Finer than Living in North Caroliner

Nothing Finer than Living in North Caroliner
Blue Ridge Smoky Mountains

Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 28 - The Queen!

They say a man's home is his castle.  I'm not sure how true that is other than the part about the dark man cave  being the dungeon.  Metaphorically speaking I believe it's correct.  But from a perspective of bare truth I think the castle belongs to the female of the house.  My  mother-in-law used to say there's always trouble when there is more than one adult female in a house.  You see this really come to a head when the teenage daughters start to assert their authority.  The power struggle begins for the title (as my mother-in-law calls it) the Queen Bee and there can only be one per hive.

How right she is.  For me my home has to be clean and relatively uncluttered.  Floors and counter tops tell me whether a person really "cleans" their house.  I mean gets down on their knees and makes sure there is no dust on the top of the base boards.  I've moved into two brand new homes and to this day when you enter them, they smell "clean and brand new."  It is pride in one's living space that seems to be the right thing for me.  I don't judge others but I do judge myself.  If you don't take care of the clutter, it will take over your life. It is my job to get rid of it.  The hardest thing with this battle is reading material.  I don't want to throw away magazines or give them away until I've read them.  I still have Oprah Magazines from three years ago because I know I'll learn something from them.  I canceled my subscription to Oprah until I can get caught up.  So I try to read as much as I can, being a full-time student the magazines have taken the back seat to the textbooks.

I told you I would let you know how the wall came out in the living room two days ago when I revealed the new painting in the dining room aka the new bordeaux cafe.  Well its truly marvelous.  On my birthday and on Mother's day I wear a tiara. I've had it for years and it just makes me feel special on those special days.  The new wall makes me think I need to get a jeweled crown now and upgrade from princess to queen.  My living room has become my castle.  I won't explain, I will simply show you the pictures.  And as my mother-in-law always says, "It's not the cleanest place you ever saw and it's not the dirtiest place you ever saw.  Make yourself at home."



~Alexander Chase quotes
The new bordeaux home cafe!

No comments:

Post a Comment