Nothing Finer than Living in North Caroliner

Nothing Finer than Living in North Caroliner
Blue Ridge Smoky Mountains

Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 151 - Are you an Author?

Cheerios has an annual contest to showcase new artists.  Or in many cases, old artists with newly discovered talents.  Last year's winner Ron Rauss won with the Can I Just Take a Nap? which will be published, illustrated and a copy placed in each box of Cheerios sold this year.  How cool is this?   Do you have what it takes?  You have to go on the website located at Cheerios (Click Here) and just verify that you have not been a paid author before.  I was a little concerned at first as it asked if I was a blogger....Hadn't thought about this before since it has only been five months but yes I am a Blogger.  But the key question was have I received any money for being a blogger.  NOPE!  Not yet anyway.  So I'm trying my hand and have submitted a story for ages 3-8.  Anyone can do it.  I encourage you to do so too.  The right thing to do is to try it, you have nothing to lose.....Here's my first children's story...I Have the Whistle. And if anyone wants to pay me for it, I'll contact the contest administrators and let them know...after all its the right thing to do.


I have the whistle,
Inside it used to be a pea,
Now they just make a sound
From the person blowing air, That’s ME!

The whistle makes the sound
With air across an opening.
Its size may be small
But its sound is deafening.

I can blow it with all my might,
Or I can blow it softly.
Either way it catches someone’s ear
And they know I’m here!

Responsibility comes with this piece,
It is simply not for any fool. 
A good referee has one too,
It is their most important tool.


They use it in sports and games
To implement the rules.
To teach how to play with sportsmanship
Even with the sound of Boo’s.

They teach us how to play fair,
Treating each team with equality.
They work hard without a drink
And control the game with specificity.

The teams take timeouts
While the black and white shirts don’t rest.
They are in good shape and keep up
As the young athletes run their best.

I was given a whistle by my favorite referee.
I will cherish it by keeping it close to me.
It’s not just any whistle, It is a special whistle. 

Because it was given to me by my Mommy!



A writer is someone who can make a riddle out of an answer ~Karl Kraus

No comments:

Post a Comment