Nothing Finer than Living in North Caroliner

Nothing Finer than Living in North Caroliner
Blue Ridge Smoky Mountains

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 174 - Cappuchino Gelato

Awake at 3AM in the morning...ridiculous....What had I eaten or drank?  No tea, no coffee, no caffeine pills...wait-a-minute...the gelato I ate was capuchino.  You don't think that it  had REAL caffeine in it do you?  I checked the container, ughhhhh it did.  I had eaten half the container.  Now before you go and judge me they come in pint size containers, so this is just a biiiiggg bowl of ice cream.  One.

In the 90's the rage was frozen yogurt.  The frozen yogurt stands popped up everywhere in town.  And now there are dippin dots.  All trying to imitate the real thing that even Dairy Queen knows can't be done...until I found gelato.  Now gelato is more expensive but when you see it on sale it is the same price, get it and try it.  I recommend Telanti gelato but I can only vouch for the cappuchino and coconut flavor.  I'm told that the other flavors are not as good. For the best gelato places near you click here.

Gelato usually has a food decoration added to it.
I never even knew what gelato was.  It was like bagels with cream cheese and lox and towels that are folded in squares or salad served already mixed with dressing in one big bowl...all things I had never seen until I left my house as an adult.  Gelato is basically ice cream without all the air in it.  It is creamy and you can really taste the flavoring not the cream or milk!  It is made with soy milk so if you are lactose intolerant it won't fill you with gas.  This is what the Europeans enjoy and love.  So the right thing to do tonight is to try a gelato of your choosing..maybe a fresh strawberry or a coconut with fresh strawberries or canned pineapples mixed in it (my favorite) and curl up with a good book.  Remember to wait for it to go on sale though.







Eat little, sleep sound.  ~Iranian Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment