So the right thing to do is to embrace our differences and not just tolerate one another but to take one more step and accept everyone for their unique qualities they bring to the table. Joining a Race Dialogue group is worth the risk. You learn as much as you teach. Savor the flavor if you will. Even within a group of people there is more diversity. No two black people are alike, no two Germans are alike, No two lesbians are alike. This is why stereotypes are so hurtful.
They say a salad is healthy for you with at least five colors showing. Orange Carrots, Red Onions, blue blueberries, white cucumbers on green lettuce. The brighter the color the more likely the item is to have riboflavins that ward off cancer and other unhealthy diseases.
I leave you with a list of 20 of the most healthy foods for our bodies. We're told it may be a little more expensive for fresh produce, but paying the farmers at the farmer market or the produce is cheaper than paying the doctor:
- Sweet potatoes
- Cruciferous vegetables - cabbages, cauliflower, broccoli
- Dark, Leafy Greens
- Alliums - leesk, onions, and garlic
- Whole Grains
- Spelt - like whole wheet but sweeter and nuttier
- Cinnamon (Gold Medalist of the spice rack, with one of the highest antioxidant levels of all herbs and spices)
- Ginger, Cayenne and Black Pepper
- Canned Salmon
- Sesame seeds