Nothing Finer than Living in North Caroliner

Nothing Finer than Living in North Caroliner
Blue Ridge Smoky Mountains

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 214 - Rest

Even God rested on the seventh day when creating the universe in the first book of the Bible, Genesis.  Often I take power naps in the middle of the day that last twenty minutes and then I'm totally refreshed.  It is the right thing to do for people who have the time and convenience to do so.  Since starting this blog I've tried to do it every day and today after one week of the first foreign exchange student arriving and now two days of having two foreign exchange students, I need a rest.  The twenty page paperwork that is needed to fill out for each student to start school, the immunization records, the shopping for school supplies, computers, shoes and clothes is wearing me out.  Then the twenty more papers to fill out so that Malte can swim competitively.  The physical is still needed and that requires three  more pages of forms to fill out.  The copying of visas and passports.  The collecting of copies of health insurance and legal guardian papers.  The shuttling of teenagers to the beach for the first time and picking them up later so that I could have my power nap. So I ask forgiveness for a short day of blogging, I need a nap. Or maybe just a short time in the jacuzzi....with my rubber ducky.  This is one of the days that I am thankful that Steve convinced me to put the jacuzzi inside the house.

The beach is three miles from our house.


Beautiful clouds yesterday.  The Pier

The sun was in their eyes.

They are going in.....

Life is so hard for our new sons.


For fast-acting relief, try slowing down. ~Lily Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment