Nothing Finer than Living in North Caroliner

Nothing Finer than Living in North Caroliner
Blue Ridge Smoky Mountains

Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 257 - Fried Chicken

It has always been a standing joke about the white women [me] who couldn't cook fried chicken.  My former sister-in-laws know how to do it and I never had to for many years.  KFC is fast and cheaper than trying to learn how to do it myself.  But to be a true southerner, you need to eat grits with cheese and know how to make fried chicken.  Being the Damn Yankee that I am, I did the right thing and just figured it out when I wanted to "fit in."  So for the two sons I now have in my home from Germany and Italy, I had to make them the true American Fried Chicken.  Yippee I did it.  And I have the photo to prove it.





Finger Lickin' Good!

Recipe:
Mix flour, salt, seasoning salt and pepper in a plastic bag.
Boil chicken for 45  minutes first.  Let cool. Leave chicken skin on.
Shake chicken in flour mixture, roll in scrambled raw eggs, then roll in italian seasoned bread crumbs or corn meal mixture.
Fry until crispy on outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment