Nothing Finer than Living in North Caroliner

Nothing Finer than Living in North Caroliner
Blue Ridge Smoky Mountains

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 285 - Our Childhood Memories - Best Friends





Recently our foreign exchange student Gabriele was able to reunite with one of his best friends from Italy.  His name Matteo is also a foreign exchange student who was chosen by a family located in Phoenix Arizona.  It was interesting to see that even though they were in the same exchange student program, and in the United States, they were having some common experiences but also very different experiences.  I have explained many times to our foreign exchange sons and daughters, the beauty of America is there are alllll kinds of people here in America.  If you want it, you can find it.  Both good and bad.  When Felipe was able to reunite with his best friend from Brazil who also was doing a foreign exchange in the United States, they were like two kids.  Time had stopped in the past about ten years ago. 

This is natural as when people come back into our lives from our childhood and food and smells that remind us of the "home" we grew up in, there is nothing sweeter.  There is a comfort, a peace, a sense that all is right in the world.  I have two friends from my school days that are very important in my life today.  They do this, they make me feel at peace, comfortable, accepted for who I am because they know where I come from.  They know I'm me because of my environment, my upbringing, my family, my survival tendencies, I am because I am. 

I leave you with some photos of their reunion, just another stop in the train of life in the city of Memoryville, Global University located anywhere in the world.






No comments:

Post a Comment