Nothing Finer than Living in North Caroliner

Nothing Finer than Living in North Caroliner
Blue Ridge Smoky Mountains

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 302 - Reflections of Gossip


re·flec·tion  (r-flkshn)  n.
1. The act of reflecting or the state of being reflected.
2. Something, such as light, radiant heat, sound, or an image, that is reflected.
3.a. Mental concentration; careful consideration.  b. A thought or an opinion resulting from such consideration




As I watch our new host daughter Sam riding her new bike on the bike trail after having just arrived in America from Australia, I can only imagine the thoughts that must be going through her mind.  It so different she keeps saying.  To wake up in a new bed with new smells and new sounds around you as a young adult must be a little intimidating. There are new rules and even though the language is the same we have found that English is not always the same.  I'm sure she's doing a lot of thinking and processing her new environment. I'm sure she is reflecting upon the choice she made in one big decision to step out of her comfort zone and experience another culture without the safety net of family and country. She must be carefully considering her next move and mentally concentrating to fit in.  

I've been doing my own reflecting lately as I was recently told that someone told this person who told me that I was gossiping.  I hardly have time to gossip so it was a little unsettling to hear this from anyone about myself.  So I reflected on my own for about three days and as the universe usually does, sent me the answers I was looking for on a tv show I value.  They defined gossip is when you have malice of intent or mindless, third-party conversation about someone, something you haven't said to that someone.  So there it was. First I never have malicious intent when talking about anyone, it isn't the right thing to do and it just isn't in my nature.  Second, my problem is quite the opposite, I say things to people's face and definitely not behind their back and that is usually my problem, I'm brutally honest, it is a curse if I'm around unlike people but a benefit when around people who are like myself and secure in their own skin.  Third, I have found that talking in third persons about "general" situations has suited me more. So this was really hard to hear that someone was gossiping about me gossiping about somebody else.  Neither which was true! 

The show continued on and said that people usually gossip to take the focus off of themselves.  The type of people that gossip usually don't have much going on in their own lives. For me, that is sooo true, I have so much in my life I don't have time to gossip let alone the need to make myself feel better, bigger, happier, more secure.  I'm big enough already (hee hee) and happy and secure.  I've been blessed with a good life and have made a difference in many people's lives.  As I strolled in the park with my new host daughter from Australia, it reminded me of this and I have to know that in my heart of hearts, that this battle wasn't meant for me to defend, the universe will take care of this one for me.  Just Stand, when there's nothing left, Just Stand, no weapon formed against me shall prosper as the great words of Christian Hymns say.


An egret and its reflection
So as Sam and I Just Stood watching the Egret and its reflection, we walked away from the beautiful park and commented about the beauty in nature and how our lives were pretty good.  We watched as another Egret flew over and beckoned the first Egret in the water to join it.  The Egret in the water did just that, and off they went together....I'm guessing to catch up on the day...to reflect.  I'm hoping they don't gossip as it isn't natural in a balanced ecosystem.



Here are a few photos of Sam and her adventures in America and the new Bra I've made to be auctioned off at the annual Bosom Buddy Auction in Connecticut to support Breast Cancer.  I've been too busy to miss the person that accused me of gossiping.


Sam and a Blue Man after the show

Sam and BJ before the show!



Spanish Moth photo on left

Spanish Moth Bra with antennas!
Other quotes from that show:

Comparison is an act of violence against oneself.  ~Iyanla Vanzant

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are    ~Joseph Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment