Nothing Finer than Living in North Caroliner

Nothing Finer than Living in North Caroliner
Blue Ridge Smoky Mountains

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 314 - Winds of Change

I'm continually amazed by nature.  The wise "old" folks were right.  I remember the sayings, Sunlight is the best disinfectant.  True, ever wonder why colors fade on fabric that is left in the sun?  Corks rise to the top of the ocean eventually.  It goes on and on.

But what has fascinated me recently is that the seeds we have planted over a year ago are finally growing.  Here was our surprise yesterday....a Texas Bluebonnet wildflower in Florida.  Did we plant it with the lupine seeds two years ago, or did a bird migration land from Texas to Florida and "deposit" in the yard this year???
Texas Bluebonnet
We've also had a female turkey that came last year but was gone within a week.  This year I think she returned and brought a friend.  (I say think because I can't tell the difference between this breed of bird.)

Female Turkeys IN THE YARD
So as I'm sloshing my way through the interview process and resume uploads, it becomes apparent that we don't know where we are going.  Others have control over our destiny.  The gatekeepers in HR sort through hundreds if not thousands of resumes and you hope you get a call.  So it was with great pride that I got a call and a phone interview for the Apple Customer Service IT Help Desk position that I would be able to work from home and get benefits on the first day of training!  Then to be able to use my IT degree for Macs (which I personally think are superior to PCs) on the east coast was one step closer with my next interview, conducted in Skype!  Imagine that, I have always been a proponent of doing this to save money and time for the company interviewing and the potential candidate who is at a disadvantage for funds for gas and travel.  Finally a progressive company who "gets it."  Then I moved to the third interview, also on skype, now the background check is being conducted....I wait.  We heard a saying last year from Steve's mentor, we will land where we are supposed to land.

Like the bird who deposited the seed that was supposed to land in my yard, I too have gone through the bowels of unemployment and look forward to growing roots and blossoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment